IP Restrictions

You can post of any kind of Ultima Online chit-chat here
Forum rules
Please remember to be polite and respectful to staff and other users.
Spammers: Kindly do not post spam on our forums. It is rude and pointless. Thank you.
machinegunmatty

IP Restrictions

Postby machinegunmatty » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello,
I have a couple questions regarding the IP restrictions. Here is my situation: I have two accounts and I have a room mate with her own account. We have a friend who comes over 3 or 4 days a week so our kids can have a play date. To the best of my knowledge my room mate and friend each have only one account. The questions are:

1) Will my room mate be able to create an additional account?

2) Will my friend be able to connect on my IP if I have both my accounts on and my room mate is also on?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

David
Site Admin

Re: IP Restrictions

Postby David » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi,

I do make allowances for multiple people playing off the same IP. Normally a player is allowed to have 3 accounts but obviously if there are more of you in a household this will be a problem. In these circumstances I will need to create the additional accounts for you. Then you should be able to play 6 simultaneously from the same IP.

The best way to achieve this, and also to get together with other players, is to download Discord which we use for chat, and join our channel. There is a link on our main website at http://www.uosp.net but I will post a link below as well. You should PM me there so that I can get you set up.

Although the shard carries the name, and what has become a thin set of the Siege Perilous rules, there really isn't any non-consensual PvP here. Our players are much too nice! However, some of them may agree to give you a fight if you want one!

You will find the players here very friendly and generous, especially to new players. So jump on to Discord and see who is about. We often do something silly on a Friday or Saturday which can sometimes extend across the whole weekend if my friend and assistant Mafghine has anything to do with it!

I update the shard frequently, usually Sunday mornings around 5am EST

Thanks for joining us! Here is an invitation to our Discord channel:

https://discord.gg/6MAX2NV

David

machinegunmatty

Postby machinegunmatty » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:49 am

Awsome! Thanks!

My friend did not have any trouble connecting on my IP, fyi.

I may look into discord.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:13 pm

It will allow at least 6 players on the same IP without my intervention, but it will prevent you CREATING more than 3 accounts from the same IP so if that is needed you will need to PM me the details in Discord.

Thanks!

David

Return to “General UOSP discussion”