I have a few questions!

You can post of any kind of Ultima Online chit-chat here
Forum rules
Please remember to be polite and respectful to staff and other users.
Spammers: Kindly do not post spam on our forums. It is rude and pointless. Thank you.
clowncheeks

I have a few questions!

Postby clowncheeks » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:41 am

1. When using a skill, is it possible to gain a stat point even if you don't gain a skill point? AKA if my hiding is locked, and I successfully hide, is it possible to gain a dexterity point?

2. Do you gain stats more easily if the skill you're using is less?

3. Can you in mani or in vas mani through poison?

4. Can you poison axes and or pole arms?

5. Does lumberjacking give bonus damage when weilding an axe?

6. When does the server restart? How long does it usually stay down?

7. What animals should I tame from 70-100 skill level?

8. Is it easier to GM taming if you lock lore at 0?

9. Does inscription give magery bonus damage?

10. What kind of loot do liches drop?

11. Is there a follower limit?

12. Can spells do damage in town?

That's all I can think of for now! Thanks guys!

clowncheeks

Re: I have a few questions!

Postby clowncheeks » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:43 am

Also, best way to get a full spellbook? Do Liches still drop lots of scrolls on this shard?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:11 am

Spellbooks are for sale on the vendor outside Ocllo bank

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:36 am

1. To gain a stat point, the skill you are training must be set to raise

2. Stats gain much more rapidly at low skill. The normal way to cap your stats is to buy all the skills you can find until you reach the 700 point cap. But don't buy herding. Buy a crook. Then go somewhere with animals (I use Skara animal pen) and herd an animal using the crook. Herding should be set up obviously, but you will not gain. Your stats will rise quickly and you lock them off at the desired levels.

3. You cannot heal through poison in Renaissance era. Also, monsters cannot cast dispel while poisoned.

4. You cannot currently poison axes or polearms although it is my intention that you will in a forthcoming patch

5. Yes Lumberjacking increases damage when wielding an axe in the Renaissance era. We are discussing reverting some of the other weapon idiosyncrasies but it is my intention that this speciality will remain.

6. The server is only restarted to apply patches or for other maintenance

7. Please see the taming guide on the skill guide thread in these forums

8. Yes. This makes taming harder, and anything that makes a skill harder increases the likelihood of gaining

9. Inscription gives a defensive bonus to Reactive Armour, Protection and Magic Reflect. Magic Reflect can absorb 8 circles of magic normally, increasing to a maximum of 15 circles at GM Inscription. For example Two x 6th circle spells and a third circle spell. There is currently no bonus to damage dealt to others although that may change. One idea on the table is to increase the spell pierce (so there is a chance to cut through Reflect)

10. There are currently over 1000 liches out there. Kill one and have a look! :-)

11. There is a limit of 5 followers for normal players, and 5 stable slots. Tamers receive additional followers (and stable slots) with increasing skill in Taming, Animal Lore and Vet. 160 total gives 6 followers, 200 gives 7 followers and 280 gives the maximum 8 followers and at 300 you get 30 stable slots. This allows you to control two dragons or wyrms and one advanced mount concurrently.

12. Yes spells will hurt in town.

Return to “General UOSP discussion”